SUFFL Chat Archive
- October 3 - Not such a bad chat, but no transcript.
Partcipants (5): Matt, Gar, Andy, Ric, Darryl.
- September 26, 2003 - Matt goes solo. No such thing as a free lunch. Coach Pete sighting at USC. Trades. The end of Marshall. Future trades and contingencies. Poop. SUFFL week-by-week graph. Re-renaming of Carnegie Stacks? Republican troubles, presidential prospects of Hillary, Giuliani. The value of Onterrio Smith. Who was the last president with a beard? SUFFL studs & keepers for '04. How IM can increase productivity. Syracuse, NY as college town. Ric appears.
Partcipants (4): chatmattchat, AndyIsFull, Jim, ric
- August 8, 2003 - Halfhearted debate about the new keeper rule. Predictions for fights in the Maine-bound van. Kids, sleeplessness, tantrums. Another baby for Matt & Kristy? Andy and condoms. Darryl's Mom's Lunch. Keepers, Pick-Your-Spot(tm), draft.
Partcipants (4): Matt, AndyAtLunch, stewpot(Chris), LT(Kevin)
- July 25, 2003 - Exceedingly rare visits from Raj ("wow, this is cool") and DT ("greetings from new mexico"). Three full rounds of thoughful mock draft. Raj's middle name. Toto's greatest. Plaxico Burress and mouthwash. This chat and the draft, cf. I Cor 13:12 "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face." Gar's ethnicity. Matt's faith in his 2002 roster. DT watches the '93 SU-BC shootout. Gar reminisces about his own NM days. Raj's blind date. Jim the sperm donor.
Partcipants (7): DrRumbaugh, AndySaysSo, ChrisYork, DT, ToTOornottoTO (Jim), hinesorplax (Gar), raj
- June 6, 2003 - Ponderings on who might show up for this chat. Etymology of the word "welcome". Raj at the draft. Raj's golf swing. John's salary cap prop. Jim's bid to replace StatGuy. Adjusting WR bonus with presence of UT position. Andy's encoded message.
Partcipants (4): MattlovesSUFFL, AndySays86DaysTillDraftDay, Jim, lateboyfrombeantown(Darryl)
- February 14, 2003 - Ashcroft, individual rights, etc. Bon Jovi does Target. Noriega and 2LiveCrew. Emmit sighting in Dallas by the Champ. Fasting protesters should starve. SUNBA. McHargue anniversary approacheth. The history of SUFFL email. The absence of principal minds from SUFFL discussion.
Partcipants (3): MattAshcroft, Andy, SawEmmittLastNight(Jim)
- February 7, 2003 - Andy questions SUFFL Chat's name rule. The weirdness of Michael Jackson. Up close and personal with the San Jose Sharks. Iraq. Iraq. More Iraq. How Saddam would fare in SUFFL. SUFFL as nation-state. Maine.
Partcipants (2): DownWithTheNameRule/KingOfPop (Andy), MBR (Matt)
- January 24, 2003 - Al Davis, Syracuse alumnus. Raiders history. Gar's story about the SUFFL 1995 finish debunked! Super Bowl preview. First round of SUFFL Draft 2003. Matt's company-wide happy hour. SUFFL year-end awards banquet. Report from SUFFL 2003 Draft Committee. Matt's co-worker gets engaged. Work stuff, bosses. More Super Bowl stuff. MyWifeIsPregnant.Com. The greatness of 'For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her' by Paul Simon.
Partcipants (3): MattguyinDCtown, Andy, JimBChamp
- January 17, 2003 - Rationale for the superiority of SUFFL over run-of-the-mill fantasy leagues. Raj placed on SUFFL probation. Andy threatens world (or at least SUNBA) domination via Microsoft Excel. On Dell refurbished's. Andy Rumbaugh, drumming DOD'er. Vamp calls for a ponykeg of beer (for others to enjoy, of course). Secondhand report from the 2003 SUFFL Draft Subcommittee.
Partcipants (3): Mattisback, AndyLovesPYS, JohnboyWalton
- January 10, 2003 - SUFFL en Espaņol. Vamp thinks Colin Powell will never run for President. Tucker's excellent draft and playoff roster. A look back at good and bad draft picks. SUFFLians mocked behind their backs for general cluelessness and not knowing which teams their own players play for. SUFFL product ideas. Ideas for the re-naming of Naptime. Double feature: Strange Brew and The Doctor. NFL playoff predictions, divisional round. Matt gets published.
Partcipants (7): AndyDelFondo, Matt, JohnPhilipAnthonyVampatel, EVILCHAMP(Justin), kk(Kevin), SVPJim, ThomasJones(Gar)
- December 13, 2002 - Birthday wishes for Maria and Matt. John affectionately known by his mother as Ivan The Rotten. Sweep now has a Hearst (hearse), a Bus (Bettis), and a Driver (Donald). Andy scores some cake. Priest trade discussed. Props to Jim for surviving the Rams' downfall. Renaming proposals for Naptime, RR, Lisa. Ric refuses a fine offer from Naptime and takes a trio of doomed Broncos off of PNN's hands.
Partcipants (5): AndyOfTheIroquois, IvantheRotten(John), Jim, MattlovesVick, tehpriest[sic](Ric)
- December 6, 2002 - Toking. Andy gets a Fellowship of the Ring DVD at his office holiday party. M.Faulk's downfall. SUFFL race. Cast for SUFFL rendition of LOTR. Trade deadline cleared up. Vick as keeper. YoureTheManNowDog.com introduced. What baseball franchise would each SUFFL team be? "I know Joel Rosenberg better than you" contest. "Sufflosen" the Norwegian movie. KK/JR breakup rumors. Scott wears SUFFL T-shirt to Thanksgiving dinner.
Partcipants (6): AndyTheNonToker, JimHateFran(entered as DownWithFran), johnvoyage, kk, Mattagain(entered as MattinDCtown), MyHusbandisinLastPlace(Meg).
- November 29, 2002 - no chat, Thanksgiving Friday.
- November 27, 2002 - pre-Thanksgiving chat. Not archived, but what I remember mostly is Andy contemplating baptism and Matt saying he ought to just get it over with.
- November 22, 2002 - Andy's trip to the dentist.
Participants (2): Matt, Andy(entered as Jay_Novacainchek).
- November 15, 2002 - not archived by the thoughtless participants.
- November 8, 2002 - The Greatest SUFFL Chat Ever. Eight participants! Gar recounts meeting the daughter of legendary Milwaukee Brewer Jim Gantner. John & Justin compare platforms for their 2004 political campaigns. Regional 80s slang. Secondhand scoop on Ric's woman, Allegra. Garcia/LT deal announced and examined. Matt makes a moronic prediction about the Raiders.
Participants (8): KK, MamaMeg, Matt, SammyMommy, shaunfavre(Gar), USRepRobinsonRLomita, vamp, willbebacksoon(Andy).